Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Have Arrived

16 hours late, but I have arrived in Portland (technically Vancouver, Washington, but who's counting). The flights out here were pretty smooth with the exception of one portion going over the Continental Divide And I got a nice view of Mount Hood upon arrival in the Rose City. Unfortunately, my mind is still on Eastern Time and I woke up at 6:30 this morning. Jet lag problems. So, the Portland part of my project begins today. The plan is to take the MAX Light Rail from Delta Park Station (just over the Columbia River from Vancouver) into Downtown Portland to start getting the lay of the land for this project. I will also head on over to the Portland Archives & Records Center, which apparently has a massive collection of old photographs and maps that should be of great use to me in this project. Day 1 will certainly not be a waste of time. It just feels like the afternoon right now though and it's only 10:30 (like I said, jet lag problems).

No comments:

Post a Comment